3 Data-Driven Marketing Lessons for Public Relations Pros
Below are three lessons that are tremendously helpful for PR pros. Two of them are free, and the third requires signing up for the Black Belt training program.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Advanced Link Building Tactic: How To Target Huge Publications Like Mashable – 5:26
- This free lesson shows you how to land major PR coverage from relevant websites. In the example we use Mashable, which is a huge publication for high tech companies and venture backed companies, but the techniques are just as relevant for publications like the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.
- How To Use Custom Reports and Filters To Measure the Impact of Public Relations on a Website – 10:16
- This lessons is critical for anyone who is doing PR, because even if you aren’t a data-driven marketer yourself, you are going to be held accountable for the results of your work. This lesson will show you how to measure the impact of all those great press hits you are generating, which is something your clients are going to be very, very interested in. And even if they aren’t interested in it, you should be interested in it yourself. And for the record, I’ve audited dozens of marketing campaigns, and I’ve been surprised by the outsized impact that press coverage can have on a business.
- How To Build a List of Reporters for PR Outreach
- this lesson is only available to those who signup for the Black Belt Training program, but it will teach you exactly how to find the reporters who are interested in writing about your business or your clients’ businesses. You’ll learn how to pick them, get their contact info, and what to say to the when you reach out. Sign up here.