Gold Belt Certification – Detailed Curriculum
The Gold Belt-level is the third level in working towards your data-driven black belt certification. By achieving the Gold Belt level of mastery, you will be capable of building and optimizing AdWords campaigns, but you will also be able to launch sophisticated retargeting campaigns, and do utilize advanced AdWords strategies.
Previous level: green belt.
Next level: brown belt.
Gold Belt Curriculum
- What is the difference between an AdWords strategy and an AdWords gambit?
- The Hyperlocal Strategy – one campaign with no geofences.
- The Nonprofit Strategy — focus on end of year retargeting
- The VC Strategy — focus on conversions + CPA
- The Branded Strategy – carving out branded traffic
- The Competitor Poaching Strategy – capitalizing on differentiation + weakness
- The Ego Gambit – bidding to #1
- The BMM Research Strategy – all about market research
- The Low Dollar Strategy – controlling costs + finding profits
- The “Reverse Engineering” Gambit – dissecting the competition
- The Double-Local Strategy – two campaigns with different geos and keywords
- The “Core Keyword” Strategy – focus on well-known profit centers
- The Multi-Touch Strategy – reach consumers with different messages based on behavior and funnel location
- The Deep South Strategy – focus on multi-touch, emotional messaging to a highly motivated constituency
- What is the Google Display Network?
- How To Setup a Basic Remarketing Campaign
- How To Use the Site Category Exclusion To Control Where You Ads Show On The Google Display Network (free)
- Why You Want To Use Google Analytics To Manage Remarketing Audiences
- How To Create Advanced Remarketing Audiences Using Google Analytics
- Five Mandatory Remarketing Audiences You Need To Create
- How To Block Websites You Disagree With From Running Your Ads (free)
- How To Create A “Page of Interest” Remarketing Campaign
- How To Find Out Which Dimensions Are Accepted By Websites for Ad Placements (free)
- How To Create Remarketing Lookalike Audiences in the Display Network
- How To Setup a Google AdWords Remarketing Audience as a “Custom Combination”
- Understand how to setup a “General Remarketing Campaign”
- Understand how to setup a “Page-of-Interest Remarketing Campaign”
- Understand how to setup a “Time-Based-Funnel Remarketing Campaign”